Irrespective of how beautiful or advanced your lawn is, you will have to water it regularly to ensure its health and looks. For this purpose, it’s the sprinkler system that you highly depend upon to ensure even distribution of water to the entire lawn. While the sprinkler provides several advantages, it can get damaged or worn out after long usage. If you see leakages, uneven sprays, and other similar signs, indicate that your sprinkler riser requires a repair job. What are the common measures for sprinkler leakage that you or a professional service can perform?
Usual sprinkler system repair methods:
The riser is a tiny upright structure that directs the water from the PVC pipe to the sprinkler. Since it is a highly exposed part of the system, it is the usual suspect to get damaged. Suppose you want to perform your maintenance or depend on professional maintenance service. In that case, it’s better to have some idea about executing the repair tasks of your sprinkler system.
• Clearing the surrounding region to reach the sprinkler riser: Take the help of a shovel to dig around the sprinkler head cautiously. Ensure to be cautious with your hands and only dig to reach the screwing unit. If you remove the riser line, cover the dig region until you replace the unit. Cleaning and reattaching the sprinkler riser can sometimes clear the clogs and do the job. To do this, you have to remove the unit and rinse it thoroughly with water. Now you can reset it after checking the water flow and ensure actual operation.
• Removing the Sprinkler or Line: After you have cleared the area around the sprinkler, you can start by checking if you just have to repair or replace the riser or the entire sprinkler system with the irrigation unit. If the issue is with a sprinkler system like the head or the rising line, you may replace it using some basic tools. But if the issue is with a complete irrigation line, then you may have to get the services of a professional firm to complete the job accurately.
• Verify the Valves: There are chances that your valve may be faulty, requiring you to look at the included parts if they are leaking. You can twist the valves on both sides to see if the water pressure gets adjusted, ensuring it’s smooth working.
• Repair Leaks: If you see leaks in the sprinkler system, then your primary job is to check its controller and turn it off before your checks. Start by chopping off the damaged portion and keeping a clamp on one side to tighten the clamp. Use the coupling on one side and expand it to tighten the clamp, which will resolve the clamp. If the pipe is damaged, leading to the leaks, then you will have to check and replace the complete portion.
• Analyze for any Electrical issues: Any sprinkler system will consist of multiple zones, and if one is not working, it could indicate an electrical problem. Look for the wires in the zones that are connected to the controller. Not go to the main panel to turn on the circuit breaker to verify the voltage of the controller in the zone where you see non-functionality, followed by checking the voltage in the transformer. If the voltage is not appropriate in the zone, then you will have to replace the controller or replace the transformer if it does not have adequate voltage.
• Replacing Sprinkler Solenoid: Check for sprinkler solenoid to see if it’s working properly and replace it if needed. It is a crucial electromagnetic part that ensures smooth communication between the valves and the controller, which indicates close and open functionality. Begin by disconnecting the wires, removing the solenoid, and replacing it with a new one. Reconnect the wires again from the solenoid and check if the connections are working adequately.
Common sprinkler system problems:
• With every sprinkler system has a list of regular issues that can cause failure. These are serious problems that will need support from a professional service.
• Sprinkler head issues that may have broken down, leading to water leakage or comprehensive failure of the system. There are chances that sprinkler heads can be jammed in a down or up position.
• There may be serious issues with the valves with long-term blockages or not working at all.
• There can be water leakage at any point on the main or lateral lines. This could be a major issue that will need major repair work along with your lawn.
• Major issues with the controller wiring could be due to multiple reasons which will need professional service. You cannot replace the wrings by yourself since it includes critical system components.
• Even if the climate is freezing or rainy, the errors in the sensors could lead to turning off the sprinkler system. There will be wastage of water which could create a problem in the long run. When the sensor does not function properly, it calls for professional repair before damaging the lawn.
• There may be a clog in the spray nozzle due to the build-up of the minerals, which calls for an expert service for smooth sprinkler system functioning.
To wrap up:
A well-functioning sprinkler system is important for maintaining a gorgeous lawn. For this to happen, you have to constantly monitor the sprinkler risers, which are the most exposed parts that can be damaged. Take the services of Affordable Lawn Care & Landscape experts in fulfilling the exclusive sprinkler needs. The firm has been working as an expert lawn care company for more than 2 decades and knows the ins and outs of landscape caring. The company knows that maintenance of sprinkler systems could be a serious task, and our experience makes us pioneers in taking care of your loving landscape.