Light is like hope, it brings life and color to a dull or dark place. One of the most important thing inside a house is light because it lets you appreciate the beauty inside. Lighting could also complete the attractiveness of the house, you can put lights outside the house to make it glow and standout among your neighbors. Light brings colors to everywhere, it emphasizes the beauty in dark and it makes everything shine. It’s pleasing with the eyes to have lights around you, it makes you feel safe and comfortable plus it decorates your landscapes and gardens. Lights is one of the most important thing to consider when you are building your place, it improves the mood, creating a warm and bright ambiance as opposed to gloomy and unattractive spaces. Affordable lawn care offers you the best landscape lighting in Utah that will make your outdoor space unique and glowing.
What is landscape lighting?
Landscape lighting or garden lighting refers to setting up artificial lights to illuminate the outdoor space such as gardens or landscape areas. Landscape lighting can be used for enhancement of safety purposes, recreation, social events and gatherings or just simply to beautify the outdoor area. Landscape lighting provides a better view of objects and things at night just like when you are walking at a pathway you can see where are you stepping to, you can appreciate the night because you’ll see how lovely things could be even if it’s dark. Landscape lightning gives you an ambient and romantic feeling like you are walking in a path surrounded by stars. Landscape lighting brightens the area to maintain, improve and enhance the visual performance of a person when doing human activities. Landscape lighting in Utah will provide your garden or your outdoor space an excellent lighting arrangement that is not too bright and not too dark.
Landscape lighting techniques:
This type of lightning technique allows you to emphasize a special feature of your garden, like a statue, a water structure or a garden trellis. Lights are place at the base of the object you are trying to put emphasis too, the closer light is the more the area will be precisely highlighted. This type aims to catch the attention directly because the light is pointed directly towards the object you are trying to highlight.
Silhouette technique is when instead of focusing the light into the main object the light aims for the background of the object to create a dramatic effect that only shows the dark portion of the object. Silhouette is done by placing the light behind the feature and aim it towards an adjacent wall.
Shadowing technique puts the light at the base of an object then aimed toward an adjacent wall to create a shadow that illuminated the background surface. The entire object will be reflected on wall or the adjacent space.
Wall washing reflects a blank or a wall surface which creates a glow to the object around it. In washing technique, the light is set up against a wall which illuminates the surface it’s aimed toward.
This technique is almost the same with washing, but up lighting is more close to the object that you’re trying to emphasize which creates a more elegant and dramatic appearance.
Down lighting is the opposite of up lightning, in this technique the light is attach to a higher location and the light will be directed to glow toward the ground.
Moonlighting technique copies the effect of the light coming from the moon, the light is placed on a higher place and angled downward which creates attractive shadow and majestic patterns on the ground.
The lighting technique which aims to draw special attention to a specific object, the light is angled up or down to give emphasis on a specific architectural design, plant or any special feature that you wanted to highlight.
This is the most common lighting technique in parks and public gardens, where consecutive lights are place on the path walks, walk ways and patios to give emphasize to the entire path for easier walking and navigation.
The light is commonly installed at the base of stonewall or hardscape structure, which can be used for hazards or to prevent stepping on unwanted obstacle.
A technique where in lights are submerged on structures containing water such as pools and manmade pond which illuminates the movement of water creating calming effect. Pool lights makes it possible to use it round the clock and at the same time it provides safety by illuminating underwater stairs which makes it possible to swim even at night.
Things to consider when planning to have a landscape lighting in Utah
It is important that you already go around your outdoor area to check the possible places or location where you want to install a light. You can’t just put a light anywhere just because you just wanted to do so, it is important to take in some consideration to make sure that the outcome of your landscape lighting will be pleasant. Too much lightning is not good for the eyes and for the environment while to little light may be hazardous and unsafe especially in places where stairs, walkways or pools are present.
1. Consider the areas, places or features that do not stand out during the day, give the spotlight to them during the night. A simple statue may just be plain during the day but when you add lights around, it takes up a good impression during the night.
2. Identify the best features of your garden or your outdoor space that is dearest to you. You may want to highlight it during the night to appreciate it more.
3. Stairs, decks, pathways need to be lighted to ensure safety while you move around without any risk of injury.
4. A well illuminated entry points in your home makes your family or any person living there a feel safe and provide a welcoming feeling. It makes the people who enter feel that they are accepted whole heartedly into your home.
Which are the best place for landscape lighting?
As much as you want to put lights everywhere, you need to know what are the best places to put, over-doing landscape lightning may not be pleasing to look at.
1. Paths and stairs– it is important that everyplace that involves movement or steps are well lighted to ensure safety of moving around during the night. A well-lighted paths encourage a mood to walk slowly under the moon and gives you a moment to think. Well-lighted paths and stairs also makes the visitors a feeling that they are welcome to your place.
2. Door and entry points- Make sure that all entry points are lighted so that people will give the ease of access in entering the home.
3. Trees and bushes- Putting up lighting around bushes and trees enhanced their features and makes the more appreciated at night.
4. Lawn decoration– Statues, centerpiece arrangements, fountains, bird baths and other structure to decorate your garden needs light as well to put emphasize and highlight them as decorations of your garden.
5. flower beds– one of the best things about flowers is that they can be attractive both night and day, just add a little lightning to make it more attention catcher during the night.
Landscape lightning depends on the structure and the lawn decorations present in the area, but never the less wherever you put lightning as long as it’s just the right amount it could make your landscape attractive and worth the look. Landscape lightning in Utah will make sure that your landscape will stand-out and will shine. It’s so satisfying to see your place well lighted, it feels like you are inviting all the good vibes. A well-planned landscape lighting gives your place an elegant effect especially at night, it makes you appreciate things even in the dark. Landscape lighting makes you see things that can’t be noticeable during the day. Affordable lawn care will help you in properly planning your landscape lighting in Utah. Affordable lawn care is a well-known and trusted company when it comes to landscape designs and outdoor beautification. Illuminate your landscape, and light up your life with affordable lawn care landscape lightning in Utah. Contact (801) 999-4347 or visit at 3731 W. South Jordan Parkway Suite #112, South Jordan, UT 84009