The majority of people focus on decorating the indoors of the home and keep neglecting to look at the front yard landscaping in their premises. Have you ever thought that taking proper care of the yard would yield many economic and environmental benefits in the long run? If you haven’t paid attention to address all the issues of your yard landscaping, then you are missing on many advantages. A systematically landscaped front yard could bring in a huge world of difference for your family and also to your customers in a commercial setting. As it is rightly said that first impression, is the best impression it will add a curb appeal to your property. Along with this the economic, health and environmental benefits of landscaping are unparalleled. If you are looking for the right company to perform best front yard landscaping to your property, then your best choice is Affordable Lawn care.
Issues faced with improper landscaping:
With the right measures taken and perfect materials selected, the landscape not only looks great but also proves good for the environment. Some of the environmental issues faced from home landscaping can include:
- Water pollution
- Soil health
- Fertilizer overflow
- Water scarcities
- Loss of Non-renewable properties
- Energy wastage.
You could neglect all these issues if you’re currently not facing any issues due to them but could lead to serious damage in the coming days.
Environmental Benefits of Managed Landscapes:
Provides Cooler Temperatures:
Grass acts as a natural coolant and air conditioner for the surrounding locations. It is much cooler than asphalt, cement, or even bare soil. Trees that provide shade to your building could reduce room temperatures significantly. They will also decrease glare coming through the home windows. You would feel that the need for air conditioning will reduce significantly in your property. It could save you a lot on the power bills and also get free natural cool regularly. Planting trees and plants systematically can reduce the temperature and provide maximum shade even during the hottest time of the day.
Landscapes are Good for the Air:
Landscapes also act as environmental cleaner as they plan an important role in capturing smoke, dust, and other impurities. As you all would be aware that plants and trees capture carbon dioxide every day from the environment and produce lifesaving oxygen in return. A single tree can inhale 26 pounds of carbon dioxide from the environment per year. Therefore, just by planting trees and grass in your yard, you are protecting the environment more largely. Even grasses can perform the similar task of absorbing Carbon dioxide and producing oxygen for your family.
A well maintained and healthy lawns can help by absorbing drastic runoff of harmful chemicals into nearby water bodies. This could be of great help especially in the rainy season. They act as stormwater absorbents which decrease the flow of toxins and residues to nearby water sources. They also help in avoiding issues of sudden flooding and erosion during heavy storm seasons.
Noise Minimizers: One more hidden environmental benefit of lawn and plants is their ability to reduce noise pollution. They can decrease noise levels by 20 to 30 percent than the other hard surfaces.
Improves Quality of life with Physical and Psychological Benefits:
Landscaping enhances the quality of life especially in urban areas with its significant physical and psychological advantages. A lush green lawn and plants in the yard could provide a soothing feeling that helps to regulate blood pressure in the body. Some studies and results have proven that people residing amidst greenery have lower hypertension issues and also natural calming experience. Some studies tell that people get relief from everyday stress issues while they constantly stay connected to nature.
The advantages of having a well-maintained yard with lush green lawn and plants have also shown numerous benefits for children. They feel relaxed when they regularly interact with trees and plants. Even the productivity of professionals was improved.
How will avoiding Chemicals help the environment?
- A crucial element to be taken care of in helping the environment by natural front yard landscaping is refraining from toxic chemicals to all the activities. There are many kinds of modern pesticides, fertilizers, and herbicides that can harm the environment by entering the water, air, and wildlife.
- It requires proper testing of your yard soil to know the ingredients it is lacking. You could add any organic materials or natural compost to enhance the quality of the soil. This treatment helps to increase the health of the plants in a natural way.
- Modern phosphorous fertilizers and chemical nitrogen could flow into the groundwater sources and pollute them. You could also use your grass clippings and leaves and blow them into the lawn. These items decompose and act as a good source of nutrients for the soil. Without adding extra toxic chemicals and fertilizers, you could significantly improve soil quality.
- Even after all the natural practices, if the soil requires some additional nutrients, add a small amount of nitrogen-based fertilizer. But it is important to follow the suggestions of an expert lawn care service provider, as excess nitrogen could damage the lawn. The application of fertilizers must be done at the right season when there could be a maximum advantage to the grass. Different types of fertilizers are applied across the lawn in different seasons that helps grass to develop strength and good growth.
As urban life is experiencing more growth, it is important to maintain the green spaces in the community and the front yard of residential properties. When you do this, you not only improve the environment but also your mind and body. Affordable Lawn Care and Landscape LLC is your one solution for all your outdoor projects whether you are a commercial organization or a residential owner and looking for front yard landscaping. With 20 years of experience in dealing with landscapes along the Wasatch Front, we possess comprehensive knowledge about landscape, installation, and maintenance.