Sprinkler systems are the best asset to any lawns as they offer you healthy growth of the plants without extra watering works. You won’t have to dedicate special time to water your lawn every day yourself. But these sprinklers have to be maintained appropriately to function effectively for a longer time. This requires homeowners to perform certain dos and don’ts with an effective sprinkler repair and maintenance system.
The Dos and Don’ts of an effective Sprinkler Repair/Maintenance:
- There are probabilities of sprinkler heads getting blocked with several types of deposits in the soil. These blocked sprinkler heads will have an impact on the equal supply of water to all parts of the lawn. It will cause irregular development of lawn with dry patches that will dent the overall appearance. Ensure that sprinkler heads are not clogged will guarantee that your water distribution will be even across the regions. Schedule fixed timings at regular intervals to clean the sprinkler heads to ensure that water flows accurately at all times. Be sure to look for any visible signs like dry patches or no flow of water. Resolve these issues immediately to avoid unavoidable circumstances and improper lawn growth.
- Faulty valves are major culprits for leaks in the sprinklers. Valves are usually made up of plastic materials that aid in sending the water from the main supply to the various regions in the lawn. You can look for problems in the valve if you see possible issues like dry patches in the lawn or irregularity in the water pressure. Examine the valves in every sprinkler head and main assembly along with the diverting regions in the lawn. There may be visible signs of rips, cracks, and other issues of leakages in valves with faults. The main assembly may be present above or beneath the surface but generally nearby to the house.
- Water leaks may be possible with faulty pipes which are exposed to timely wear and tear or any other surprise mishaps. Maintenance works with equipment like shovels or spades can damage the pipes unknowingly. An uninterrupted flow of water demands good condition of the pipes all the time. Hence, you must perform timely checks to see any changes in the flow of water with irregularities in all the regions of the lawn.
- Implement advanced technologies that are cost-effective in the long run. Safeguarding the electrical connections and wiring at every place will help in enhancing their longevity while ensuring smooth functionalities. Use connectors that are waterproof to safeguard the wiring systems for longer. With the advancements in technology and access, these modern elements are available at most of the locations in the country. Protecting the electrical parts of the system from being exposed to moisture will avoid its easy wear and tear.
- Electrical parts of the sprinkler system such as controllers, transformers, solenoids, and the wiring must be checked on a timely basis. Faulty electrical connections and wires will reduce the efficiency of the valves as they do not receive proper inputs for opening and closing as per the fixed schedule. While the wirings may deteriorate due to regular wear and tear there are be many other factors that may impact their life. The damage to these wires may not be visible to the naked eye, as usually they are placed beneath the surface. While you may inspect all the other electrical elements and find them intact, you may check the wires and take the necessary steps to either repair or replace it.
- A minor leak could lead to potentially bigger problems in the future. Never neglect any possible plumbing or leakage issues that may be causing irregularities in the water supply. Some of these issues may provide excess water to some regions whereas cause lack of water in other regions. If you neglect even minor water leakage, it could cause a lack of sufficient water pressure in some regions.
- While you may check the irrigation system of your lawn, but forget to check the optimal performance of your electrical system. Even with all the valves, pipes, sprinkler heads performing properly, a faulty electrical system could cause irregularities in the supply of water. This kind of verifications is not straightforward to be performed by yourself without adequate knowledge. Dedicate these works to an expert who has knowledge of electrical parts and their relation to water systems. Never neglect any kind of electrical irregularities which is reflected in the functionalities of the complete sprinkler system with variations in the operations as per normal schedule.
- Your electrical inspection from an expert might give you suggestions on replacing some of the systems. You may think that you may continue the job as its functioning anyhow without blocking the operations. But this could cause bigger problems in the future and improper development of the lawn in certain regions. Neglecting the suggestions will pose you difficulties in the coming days where you may have to spend more than initial costs to repair or replace the bigger parts altogether.
- While you may replace some of the faulty parts yourself without expert advice, but you will miss a major aspect to be checked. If you do not find the root cause of the problem, then you may end up in a similar situation more frequently. There should be proper communication between the valves for them to function adequately. Regardless of your faults in the valves, connectors, etc., check what is the root cause of the problem. This will give you an idea about precautionary measures that you can take in the future to avoid possible issues.
Proper sprinkler repair, installation, and maintenance can give you a healthy lawn with the appropriate usage of water. Regardless of the type of lawn, it is advisable to associate with a leading professional service provider like affordable Lawn care. They have been a reliable firm in the industry for several years with genuine guidance and expert lawn care service.